|Col Robson Rodrigues da Silva, Head of UPP - Police Peacekeeping Units, Leonardo Martins Dias (CUFA), Márcia Lins, Rio de Janeiro Tourism & Sports Secretary, Brazilian Sports Minister, Celso Athayde (CUFA)|
|Lula, President of Brazil, supports CUFA initiatives|
- Sustainability strategy
- Project co-creation, implementation, Q&A and reporting
- Coalition building / collective impact facilitation
- Global strategy, branding, positioning, partnerships, fundraising, communications, PR
- Positioning and development of CUFA in Europe
- Local strategy, training, branding and positioning in Brazilian private sector
- The co-creation design, fundraising, implementation, Q&A and reporting of the following projects:
- Urban Life - Generating incomes, adding values in Amazonas
- Tourism Guide training program
- Education & Professional Qualification in Salvador
- Establishment of partnerships:
- FUNDACIÓN MAPFRE & CUFA partnership
- FUNDACIÓN MAPFRE press room
- Llorente & Cuenca partnership
- Positioning and presence in Spanish and European multinationals with a focus on IBEX 35 index, business schools and the media and larger institutions sucha as the European Union or Brazilian Embassy in Spain.
- El País newspaper cover
- ESADE business school conference - Deprived areas as a growth engine
- Compromiso Empresarial - ESADE Conference
- Podcast Interview at RNE - Spanish National Radio
- Diffusing CUFA's projects Internationally - Compromiso RSE
- Diffusing CUFA's projects internationally Marca newspaper - Spain
- Consultation on local projects such as Viradao Esportivo or conflict mediation like Complexo do Alemao.
- Internal training programs delivering to CUFA's team on CSR, sustainability, private sector, fundraising, project management and ERP systems implementation.
PROJECT OVERVIEWContext:More than 11.4 million Brazilians live in deprived areas, known as favelas, according to the Brazilian Statistics Institute, IBGE - that’s more that the whole population of Portugal - but in reality there are far more than that. Where inequality, violence, housing, health care, education and citizenship are major problems, many people do not have papers and are not included in official statistics. Deprivation is one of the biggest social problems in one of the most socially unequal countries in the world.Challenge:The Challenge was to launch CUFA in Spain and co-ordinate its world presence; create sustainability projects addressing local needs; fundraise; develop an international identity and brand; risk management as well as supporting internal CSR, and internal training programs.Partners:CUFA is the leading and largest NGO in Brazil. It was created by young activists from favelas to develop their communities. It now has a national and international presence, with branches across Brazil and in almost 20 countries, having supported more than 10 million people. One of its founders is MV Bill, a well known rapper committed to favela development and awarded by UNESCO as one of the 10 most active campaigners people in the world. Bill and Celso Athayde, further CUFA founders, were also awarded the International Journalism Prize by the King of Spain.
- Dilma Rousseff, President of Brazil, supports CUFA: video
- Notorious people, like ex President Lula support CUFA: video
- More Please see photo gallery below